[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
The Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society • View topic - Hollywood Juniper

Hollywood Juniper

Post pictures of your trees here.

Hollywood Juniper

Postby BrianG » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:10 pm

This is a hollywood Juniper I styled about a week ago.
Before
BImage

After
Brian Gregoire
Zone 8
Ponchatoula, LA
BrianG

Re: Hollywood Juniper

Postby Mitch Thomas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 am

Hey Brian
I think you have done a awsome job on this piece of less than desirable material! It just shows that you have a great eye for line and composition. You are fast becoming a true stylist, and one thing for sure, You ain't scared to make a move on a tree. For most making a move is the hardest first step. I am looking forward to see how it develops in the years to come.

Mitch :mrgreen:
Mitch Thomas Zone 9
Slidell Louisiana
Mitch Thomas

Postby Mitch Thomas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:44 am

Hey Brian
I think you have done a awsome job on this piece of less than desirable material! It just shows that you have a great eye for line and composition. You are fast becoming a true stylist, and one thing for sure, You ain't scared to make a move on a tree. For most making a move is the hardest first step. I am looking forward to see how it develops in the years to come.

Mitch :mrgreen:
Mitch Thomas Zone 9
Slidell Louisiana
Mitch Thomas

Postby BrianG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanks Mitch, I hope it continues to do well.... It's one of my favorites that I have now for at least this month anyway ... it might have something to do with it being so new lol
Brian Gregoire
Zone 8
Ponchatoula, LA
BrianG

Postby Mechlers2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Awesome job. Maybe you should be giving us a demo!
Mechlers2

Postby Jim Osborne » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 pm

Brian,
Looks like to me that you're haveing fun, and when you can do that good bonsai will follow. Tell me about Hollywood juniper. I don't ever remember working with it. Thanks for posting pictures and let us know who you bring it along. GNOBS will be doing a program on junipers in March of 2013, it would be nice if you bring it and prehaps a little show and tell.
Jim Osborne
Zone 9
New Orleans,LA
Jim Osborne

Return to Galleries