Toys for Tots and Second Harvest

Discussions on the organization itself

Toys for Tots and Second Harvest

Postby Jim Osborne » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

I want to thank all our members who donated for Toys for Tots and to Second Harvest. You can check out pictures on the GNOBS Facebook page from December 15th when the toys were given out to in need children at the Marine Corps Hall. 750 children showed up that morning to receive their toy. No child was turned away and they all received two toys. You should be very proud of the difference you made in a child's Christmas. I will never forget the smiles on their faces. Thank you all once again.

As for Second Harvest, we did not do quite as well in years past. While our total food was 82lbs ( How Second Harvest measures some donations ) was down from last year's total of 100lbs, it was still a very nice donation from our society. I belive that we can do beter next year, and in fact I m going to make it a goal to break the 100lb mark. It won't take much. If every active member ( well over 70 ) would just donate two food items, that should put us over the 100 lb mark. It would be a nice thing for the Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society to do, something that we can all be proud of!

I hope that all of you have a happy and safe Holiday Season and I hope that it brings you good health, and time spent with family and friends. Please join me in wishing a happy and safe Christmas to all our active duty Service members and their families. God bless our troups and keep them safe.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at our January program,.....2013 is going to be a great year for GNOBS !

Jim Osborne,
President,GNOBS
Jim Osborne
Zone 9
New Orleans,LA
Jim Osborne

Return to The Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society