GNOBS Workshops

Discussions on the organization itself

GNOBS Workshops

Postby Jim Osborne » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Members,
It has been brought to my attention that at least one, prehaps more of our members qusetion the anouncement of our workshops. All of our workshops have a sign up sheet at the meetings. Some times the workshops fill up as soon as they are announced. The workshop information is also on our site, as well as Facebook. Now haveing said that, if you want to be informed, and stay informed about workshops, or anything else, may I sugguest that you come to the monthly meetings. We have a great web site, we are also on Facebook, and we have a great newsletter, but the best way to stay informed about club programs, is to come to the meetings, and be inveloved. We are not perfict, but I can assure you that I, along with the board, work very hard to bring you, our members, the very best programs, and artists, for lectures, demo's and workshops, along with bonsai basics and informational hand-outs, ect that we can.

If someone does not get in a workshop, I am sorry. Most workshops are limited to 10 people. One of the workshops in question was the Erik Wiggert workshop last June. That workshop filled the very same night that it was announced. In that workshop was a good mix of old and new members, some of which joined GNOBS that year. I value every member, no matter how long they have been in the club. Most of you know that I bend over, and go out of my way to do whatever I can for this club. I and the board welcome ANY suggestions or ideas on how we can let our members know about any workshops better that how it is done now.

We want this to be a fun and informative bonsai club for everyone. The only way for you, the club member to get the most from your club is simple. Come to the meetings !!
Jim Osborne
Zone 9
New Orleans,LA
Jim Osborne

Re: GNOBS Workshops

Postby Jim Osborne » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Jim Osborne wrote:Members,
It has been brought to my attention that at least one, prehaps more of our members qusetion the anouncement of our workshops. All of our workshops have a sign up sheet at the meetings. Some times the workshops fill up as soon as they are announced. The workshop information is also on our site, as well as Facebook. Now haveing said that, if you want to be informed, and stay informed about workshops, or anything else, may I sugguest that you come to the monthly meetings. We have a great web site, we are also on Facebook, and we have a great newsletter, but the best way to stay informed about club programs, is to come to the meetings, and be inveloved. We are not perfict, but I can assure you that I, along with the board, work very hard to bring you, our members, the very best programs, and artists, for lectures, demo's and workshops, along with bonsai basics and informational hand-outs, ect that we can.

If someone does not get in a workshop, I am sorry. Most workshops are limited to 10 people. One of the workshops in question was the Erik Wiggert workshop last June. That workshop was filled the very same night that it was announced. In that workshop was a good mix of old and new members, some of which joined GNOBS that year. I value every member, no matter how long they have been in the club. Most of you know that I bend over backwards, and go out of my way to do whatever I can for this club. I and the board welcome ANY suggestions or ideas on how we can let our members know about any workshops better that how it is done now.

We want this to be a fun and informative bonsai club for everyone. The only way for you, the club member to get the most from your club is simple. Come to the meetings !!
Jim Osborne
Zone 9
New Orleans,LA
Jim Osborne

Re: GNOBS Workshops

Postby Mechlers2 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:39 am

In addition to the above, all members are invited to attend all workshops as silent observers. From my personal experience when I was a new member, very much can be learned by attending and observing workshops, and at no charge!

Cheryl
Mechlers2

Return to The Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society