[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
The Greater New Orleans Bonsai Society • View topic - When is it too cold to repot?

When is it too cold to repot?

Caring for and stying your bonsai. Species specific questions answered here.

When is it too cold to repot?

Postby KathyB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm behind on my repotting and I saw that the high for this weekend will be 56 degrees. Is that too cold to repot - no tropicals, just deciduous and evergreens?

Kathy
Kathy Barbazon
Zone 9
Harahan, Louisiana
KathyB

Re: When is it too cold to repot?

Postby Jim Osborne » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Kathy,
It's not really about the temps, as long as they are above freezing,...its about when the buds swell and before they break into leaf. If one or two sets of leaves are already out, you should still be okay. Better to do it on a cool day, than after your trees are already all leafed out.
Jim Osborne
Zone 9
New Orleans,LA
Jim Osborne

Return to Care and Styling